Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thank you, Dad!

Dad flew with me to Tunisia and stayed with me for a week!  He left this afternoon.  He was an AMAZING help... figured out how to work my washer, how to turn on my stove, moved up my closet bar so my dressed wouldn't drag on the floor, cooked dinner, opened Abbey's safe, got Laura's dishwasher to work, opened up a bottle of wine for Nadia, helped me set up my entire classroom, and the list goes on!  He meant many of my new co-workers and supported me every step of the way!  It was so hard to say goodbye to him this morning as I headed to work and it was every harder coming home and knowing he was gone!  He was an amazing person to help me adjust to life here and I miss him oh so very much!
Thank you Dad!  Being here for a week meant the world to me!  I love you to the moon and back!


**These pictures were taken on Monday when we ate a whole fish!  This was an achievement for the two of us... Dad hates fish and I hate fish bones!  Love that we made this memory together!

1 comment:

  1. What a memorable time with your Dad Elise...your apartment is very cool! I love the dryer...look real close...the rack leaning against the wall! I admire you giving up the comforts of home to be on this exciting adventure. You have an awesome place there and friends to enjoy it with already...so happy for you! Love you! Tanya:)

    ReplyDelete