Saturday, August 17, 2013

Door/Key Issues

Well... I am not the sharpest tool in the box!  Read more as I explain why... Last night Laura invited me over to her place to have drinks with the girls and then we were headed out to dinner after that.  So I grabbed my small purse and my spare key (so I wouldn't have to bring my huge key chain) and headed out the door.  I shut the door, put the key into lock it, and realized it wouldn't turn.  Yes... my key wouldn't turn!!!  I started to panic!  I have used my spare key many times before (Dad used it the whole time he was here) and it worked every time!  So I went over to Laura's and told the girls for advice.  Abbey came over to see if she could wiggle it and make it work.  But nope!  So I called our facilities guy.  He sent someone over with a spare key and it DIDN'T work!!  We were quite puzzled!  The guy went back to school and got other spare keys.  NONE of them worked.  He called our facilities guy who talked to me and he figured it out... I left my other key in the key hole on the other side (inside) when I left because we dont have deadbolt knobs, we used our keys instead.  I decided to leave it in there so it would be safe when I home and that way I won't loose it.  Well... when it is in there, you cannot turn the key from the other side!  He said he could send someone over that night to break the lock but then it would be unlocked throughout the night until someone can come to fix it in the morning.  I did not like the idea of sleeping with an unlocked door so I spent the night at Laura's and he came over this morning to fix it.  He put something in there and pushed it hard enough to push my other key out!  I wanted to get a picture but they did it before they called me!  This was definitely a lesson well learned!  Thanks to Laura for sharing her apartment with me!  She was a great hostess!

No comments:

Post a Comment