Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summertime Fun!

  It is the night before I leave.  I have many emotions and many uncertainties!  I am excited but a ball of nerves!  But I am very comforted in knowing I have the love and prayers of my family and friends that will get me through.  

Before I go, I wanted to document my summer!  This is the first time in 7 years that I have had a full summer.  And I took full advantage of my summer.  So here is my summer in pictures...

We took family pictures in Duke Gardens.  They were a lot of fun but quite warm.



Dad got to ride at Nascar at the Lowes Motor Speedway in Concord, NC.  It was so exciting to see his face after he drove that car over 143 mph!

Mom, Brooke (BFF from college), and I went to Maine for 2 weeks.  On our way up, we stopped to see our family in Connecticut.  It was great visiting with them all!


Then we stopped at Boston for the night... had great food and lots of laughs!

We finally made it to Maine where we ate lots of lobster, 

kayaked, 

floated in the water on our tubes, 

ate in downtown Portland with Aunt Jeanne and Patti (who visited for the weekend),
 

visited Bar Harbor,


and had dinner guests.  

While in Maine, my grandpa had a stroke, so on the way we stopped in Connecticut to spend more time with Grandpa.  

Painted at Wine and Design with friends


Shopped with Brooke and Elizabeth (friends from college)

Took the Smith Kids to Burlington to have lunch with the Boyers

It was so good to see them!  And the kids were oh so good with Caleb and Josh!

Babysat for the Mauzy boys one last time (Love those boys so much)!

Took the Smith kids to the zoo for our final day together (and we sure had a blast)!




Spent time with the best packer ever!  Seriously, Brooke is amazing!

Was kidnapped by Brooke and Heather (2nd grade teachers from WLE) and taken to Charlotte for the weekend! What an amazing time we had!


Had my final Sunday night dinner with the crew (minus John)!
 

Paul and Ellen came for my final dinner (Ellen was a surprise)!

While I miss year-round so much, I made some amazing memories this summer that will last me until next summer for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment