Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Classroom Tour

While I just started my 8th year of teaching, I have never done a classroom tour.  Then again I have never done a home tour before either but if you look at my last post, that is no longer true.  So as mom keeps saying "It is a year of firsts".  But my teacher friends have been wanting to see my new classroom... so this is for you!  Sidenote... as I was rearranging and setting up my classroom (Thank you, thank you, thank you Dad... you were an amazing hot gluer, straightener, stapler-er, and SO much more!  When people comment on my room... I always credit you!), I kept thinking how I helped Brooke put up her bulletin boards, made Jeanette the best word wall EVER, advised Melissa with her rearranging and great color scheme, and helped Kelsey prepare her classroom materials.  All I could think was... I wish they were here!  It is not the same without their help, advice, and encouragement! But I will always treasure the time I had helping you!

Now, let the classroom tour begin (My classroom theme this year is chevron!!  I traded stars for chevron)...

The sign outside my classroom door
 

My classroom door

The view of my room as soon as you walk in (so thankful for my 3 rugs)

My math wall along with my writing wall... birthdays and class helpers are also there

The front of the room!  We put the fabric with the banner there because the wall was ugly but I couldn't put anything educational because it would be covered by my screen every time I use my  projector. Please ignore that ugly white call under my boards... it won't be there much longer!  I think I am going to put student work there!  I hate white walls in a classroom!!  Oh... another random information... all the walls are made of concrete so nothing can be stapled.  It all has to be hot glued.  Crazy, right?!

My Word Wall (no such thing as a chevron overload... right!?)

Another room view

My reading nook (they have a leveled library!!  This was all done when I got here!  It is leveled by Fontas and Pinnell levels)

This is where I will hold my Guided Reading groups (no kidney bean table this year)

Not a pretty picture but had to show it... this is my office.  It is separate from the classroom and is separated by a door.  

So that is it for you!  Thank you again to Dad for making my room complete!  

I have been in school for two days and today was much easier than the first day!  But it is all a learning experience!  I really love my kids and I love how they are from all over the world!  I would love more than anything to show pictures of them, but I will not post pictures of my students on the internet.  But here are some of the countries they are from: Syria, Oman, India, Japan, Korea, Gambia, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Italy, and Germany.  All of them have accents and I love to hear how they are all a little different!  I am looking forward to a great year full of adventure with them!

4 comments:

  1. Your classroom is so adorable! You really have a talent for arranging a classroom! Miss you sweet Elise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...you have a office!! Love that! It was so great talking to you today! Love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO!!! You have a blue door...waay tooo coool!!!
    I loove alll the bluue you have in your room. And I love that your students are from all over..I soo want to hear their sweet accents.. Thank you, my dear daughter, for posting the pics..and beyond!! Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your classroom Elise! How wonderful that your students are from all over the world...they are blessed to have such a loving Teacher with a big heart! Can only imagine their sweet little faces and hear their cute accents. Hope you have an inspiring school year Elise!

    ReplyDelete