Saturday, August 17, 2013

Carrefour!

Carrefour is the Walmart of the Tunis.  It has house items as well as food.  The day after we landed the school took us to get items we need to get started of with.  It is huge (well just like Walmart but when there are many people who don't speak your language, it seems even bigger) and super busy!  Well there is still a lot I need that I didn't know I needed the first trip there.  So I put on my big girl panties, got brave, and went there on my own! I got a cab and off I went!  I was so proud of myself and happy to stock up on my food as well as get some much needed items like Brita filter (this water makes my tummy hurt) and mattress topper (the beds are hard here).  When I was checking out, someone was talking to me in French but I was unable to communicate back.  Then all of a sudden she says... "Do you speak English?"!  It was like a breath of fresh air to be able to talk with someone for a little bit!  Then my cab driver on the way home spoke English (which is very very very rare)!  All in all it was a great trip!

 

My loot! 
(Love, love, love these bags!  Thank you to all of you who have gotten them for me!  They are a life saver here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment