Thursday, August 29, 2013

Market Day

Every Saturday morning, I got to LaMarsa market.  It is a huge building filled with fruits, vegetables, meat, and fish.  This is the market we tried to go to but could never find it. It has a great selection of fresh vegetables and fruits.  I love stocking up for the week!

This is a mosque near the market.  These are all over Tunis.
 

Finally able to document the blue doors and windows

This picture did not turn out well but it is a white building trimmed with turquoise!  It is my favorite color combination. 

The beach that is steps away from the market

This is the area we always go to.  The peaches are by far my favorite!

Abbey showing off the fresh meat

View of the area we go to (sorry so blurry)

This guy wanted me to take his picture!  Too cute!

While I am all for trying new things, this will never happen... rabbit (Please, please, please don't show Ainsley!)

These chicken skewers are really good

The black awning is a place that makes fresh ravioli.  She wouldn't let us take pictures inside so this is the best I could do. 

Oh my gracious!!  This is the BEST doughnut pastry thing!  Its like fried dough drenched in sugar!

We walked to the boardwalk with this gorgeous view of the Mediterranean Sea


Went to this bar my first weekend here... it was interesting to say the least

Here is proof I am actually here ;)

Tamara met us at the market and we went for lunch at a Lebanese restaurant

It is a fun way to spend our Saturdays! :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics of the market Elise! The fruit looks gorgeous (the rabbits- not so much)! Love the scenery of the blue skies, white buildings, and palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Elise, I love all the pictures & so Jealous that you get to explore new and exciting things!! Don't pass up on the rabbit!! Have someone else cook it, I don't think I could ever buy it that way bring it home and cook it up!!! It is very tasty and as they say it taste just like chicken but better!!!

    ReplyDelete