Sunday, June 8, 2014

Newbie End of the Year Trip to Hammamet!!

This past weekend some of the newbies went to Hammamet at our favorite all-inclusive resort!  It was such a fun time to look back at how far we have come since our first trip as new newbies in September.  We are quite proud to have made it this far and to have gained these great friendships through it all!

On our ride up there, my car load stopped at Nabeul (pottery capital) to eat lunch and buy some pottery!  That was a haggling adventure!  Luckily, Katie was amazing and we got it for what we were quoted!


Then we headed to Aldiana (the hotel) for relaxation and laughter!

How adorable are Pat and James as they nap?!

Katie, Pat, me

The water was clear and calm but in order to get to it, you had to wade through the seaweed!  Yuck!

Pat and Joni

Katie made me take this... Tunisian alcohol gives me headaches so I brought my Malta liquor with Laura's flask!  Everyone was laughing at me but I thought it was quite practical! ;)

Our newbie crew (Lou, Karen, John, Joni, me, Katie, James, Pat, Abbey, Cheryl)

After dinner shot (some headed to bed earlier)

Walk on the beach (just like we did the first night back in September)

Pat, Katie, and I headed to the pool bar for a drink before bed.  Little did we know what would ensue from there!

Pat mortified by the 10 year-old at the bar!

Then the play, "Little Mermaid", got out and all the characters started dancing!


Then I got a drink called the swimming pool and took a picture with my lurker behind me!  He stayed there most of the night... my crazy dancing didn't phase him one bit...

What a fun night I had with these two ladies!

My favorite view the next morning

After breakfast, we headed straight to the beach

Swimming in the Mediterranean Sea

John, Karen (my Amazing Race buddies) and James

Cheryl and Lou

me, Cheryl, Katie

Final view of the Mediterranean Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment