Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A Year Younger

Celebrating a birthday abroad can always be a trying thing because you are not there to celebrate with your family. But this year I was surrounded by my family here in Tunisia and it was a special one with traditions (which I must say I am a sucker for)! The Harrisons are my family here and they made sure this birthday was a special one for me and I was very grateful to them!

This was my first birthday at ACST because the first year my birthday was on a Sunday and last year I was in the states for my birthday waiting to have approval from my doctor to go back. Well having it at school did not disappoint! I got many birthday email wishes and many friends stopped by which made my day! It is also Dr. Seuss' birthday so my class tried green eggs and they LOVED them!! That made my day right there!

After school, Liam treated me to ice cream at our favorite place and we each got double scoops!

Then we went back to their house to open presents from them, my parents and my Aunt Jeanne. It made my day they mailed presents all the way here and I got them the day before my birthday. God is good!

Liam is helping me show off my loot!

Birthday signs are a HUGE tradition in the Harrison house and it made my day to have one!

Nothing like a little dress up on your birthday! 


Then on Saturday I celebrated with my friends my going on out to eat at my favorite restaurant! 

This is the owner and I always admire his hair!

A little dark but here we are! Alice, Cheryl, Lucie, Kelli, Karen, Catherine, me and Katie

After dinner, my closest friends had a sleepover at my friend Katie's house!

Katie and me

Cheryl and me

The sleepover girls in our jammies ready to chat, snack and watch a movie


While we were in our pajamas by 10pm, we stayed up well past 3 am chatting in our bed like 10 year olds! (Well just Karen and I... Katie and Catherine were wiser than us :)

We woke up to a wonderful breakfast of eggs, bacon, lemon cake, fresh squeezed orange juice and more! Yum yum yum!

While it took me 2 nights to recover, it was the best sleepover! I am grateful to my Tunis family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment