Friday, March 25, 2016

Day 5: Lipari, Cefalu and Palermo

Our final full day in Sicily was all about getting ourselves back to Palermo to be ready to get on the boat tomorrow morning. But it was a wonderful last full day with lots of fun things along the way! :)

Our final views of Lipari before leaving mid-day



On our way to Palermo, we made a snap decision to stop and see Cefalu. It was a place mom wanted to check out but I had heard it was touristy. But we decided to stop and did not regret it one bit. It was amazing! Touristy, yes but for a reason! What a gorgeous location!

Hilariously, they were selling Tunisian pottery on the sidewalk!


Mom and the sea

Beautiful day

Loved the narrow streets

Final arancini and pizza

And we finished our meal off with amazing cannolis! Oh so scrumptious!

The beautiful cathedral

Now with mom and dad

The inside was beautiful!






Oh how I love European buildings

and blue doors!

Before heading to Palermo, we made a stop at the grocery store! Something I always do when traveling to Europe so I can bring things back that we cannot find here. These things just made me laugh!

For our final meal, we had Chinese... YES, Chinese! We have no good Chinese restaurants here (well, none at all, actually) so I try to get my fix wherever I can!

This was my sweet Marzipan sweet! That actually was my final meal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment