Thursday, October 16, 2014

Evora (favorite stop!)

Oh Evora how I love thee! I could stay there forever and just exist in this cute, little, small town! It has the sweetest little streets, yellow and white buildings, and fun shops! The views are beautiful and the people are kind! I love it there!  We arrived as it was getting dark but then explored more the next day!

 Town square at night


BEST meal in Portugal at Mr. Pickwicks: Pork with clams- the most tender pork with the best seasoning

Love the streets!



Sweet school group




Another sweet school group

Cathedral of Evora

Cloisters inside the cathedral area


Inside the cathedral

Statue of pregnant Mary

Sweet market... reminded me of mine here in Tunis



Before hitting the road, we stopped for lunch and I had tongue with potatoes and carrots- it was so moist and yummy!

Sweet dog outside of the restaurant!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Elise! Beautiful adventures...I told Aldina about you going there since she is from the Azores, she was amazed that you were in Portugal!

    ReplyDelete