Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Beach Weekend!!!

This past weekend, two friends and I escaped to Hammamet Beach to the stay at the Aldiana Resort.  Everytime I go to Hammamet, I always stay at the Aldiana and it is becoming home.  It is a German resort so it is full of all Germans and everyone speaks German.  I decided this weekend that this is my happy place! When things in Tunis become too much and I just need to escape, the Aldiana is the perfect place to go.  It is only an hour car ride away, people are super friendly, it is super clean (no trash), and the food is amazing! Oh how I love it there!

We left Friday after school and headed straight there.  This weekend was Eid in Tunisia.  It is a Muslim holiday based after the story of Abraham in the bible.  He was going to sacrifice his son but God told me to sacrifice a sheep instead.  So during Eid, people eat sheep with their family as it is a holiday of giving to others.  So on our way to the resort we decided to count all the sheep we saw.  Our total count was 91 sheep!

We got there after the sunset on Friday because of traffic so we checked in and headed down for dinner and drinks.  We then went to bed because let's face it, teachers are tired on Friday nights!

The next morning, Katie and I took a walk on the beach.  The weather was suppose to be rainy and stormy as weekend but we were hopeful after seeing the sun peak through on our walk it would be a good day!




After our walk, we had breakfast and hit the beach to relax and read.  This sweet cat became interested in Katie's bag! Too sweet!

Friends, beach, and drinks... what more could a girl want!



As I was swimming in the sea, this guy walked around and told everyone on the beach "Aqua Fit" was going to start soon.  We soon realized this was water aerobics in the Mediterranean Sea! I love water aerobics and had to join in! The morning session was with these fun water gloves that looked like webbed duck feet.  The afternoon session was with noodles.  The interesting part was the whole class was in German so I got a taste of what my students go through in school.  I love Aqua Fit!

Here is a pic of our noodle class Katie took from the shore!

After my class, Katie and I discovered they have awesome pina coladas at the resort!

The green Mediterranean Sea


Sunday was even prettier but I only took this picture.  Here is Katie and I with our final pina colada of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment