Sunday, April 13, 2014

Last day in Malta

I am at the airport as I type this and we are waiting on good old Tunis Air (it is known for never being on time).  This morning we said good bye to our sweet town of Zejtun, our amazing farmhouse, and even our trusty rental car.  Our time in Malta has been great!  It has been super relaxing but we got to see and do a lot as well!  It meant the world to me to have Mom and Dad here!  Malta is absolutely beautiful and I loved our time here!  But I guess now it is time to get back to reality (and my sweet Zoe)!

On our last full day on Malta, we took it easy.  My morning started with a pedicure in town. 

I loved the color but it was an experience for sure... I am not sure how many times she has painted nails...

This is right by our house and I finally took a picture... My brother and my cousin- two of my favorite people in one name! ;)

These two cats are in our neighborhood and always follow us home!  They are too sweet!


After our spa morning (if you can call it that), we headed to Marsaxlokk fishing village which is right by where we were staying.  This was our 3rd visit and I just love this place!


Lace is big in Malta and they were selling a lot of it at the stalls in the village.

Men unloading their catch of the day

We stopped for fried calamari and dessert!  This strawberries and cream was delightful!

Then we stopped for the must-have grocery shopping before headed back to Tuni!  This store was awesome!  It has Betty Crocker cake mixes and much more!

We went home and packed up all our goodies (always a feat) and then headed to our last meal of Chinese food (just like in Rome)!  It was so yummy and I so wish Tunis had a Chinese restaurant!

Last view of Marsaxlokk fishing village!

Goodbye Malta!  You will be missed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment