Thursday, April 23, 2015

Mosaic Class

Tonight I started taking a mosaic class with some friends from school. We will be doing it every Thursday. We are learning how to make our own mosaic tiles and it is a lot of fun. It is hard but fun to craft with my friends once a week. Our instructor is tough but very helpful and a great teacher. We started by picking a design online. I picked a poppy because we have the most beautiful poppies here in Tunisia. They are my most favorite wildflower we have here! Cutting the tiles in straight squares is easy but making small curved shapes is very hard! I look forward to continuing this class for the rest of the school year!

Katie with the instructor's dad

Katie's flower thus far

Karen and her tool as she is working on her cactus

Karen's great progress on her cactus

Me working on my design (colored printed copy)

My work thus far (hard to tell since it is a color copy but I have done the black middle of the flowers- that was hard and the white outer side on the right)

My Mosaic class and our instructor (in white coat) and his dad
Kathy, Katie, instructor's father, Jauwer, Karen, me

No comments:

Post a Comment