Wednesday, April 29, 2015

An Adventure for a Chair

At the craft fair last week, on the way out I saw a chair I really loved and wanted to go back and get. But since it was a big purchase, I went home to sleep on it. I still knew I wanted this chair! So after talking to my friend Rym who I teach with (who is Tunisian), she said she wanted to go the fair too so we decided to go together! She would help me haggle for my chair and I would help her find the planting pots she is wanting for her house. 

So Wednesday after work, we set off for the Le Krem expo center! We bee-lined for the chair and it was still there! Phew! So Rym haggled back and forth for me for quite a while and got it down by almost 200 dinars! I was so excited! Not only was my chair still there, I got it for a deal! And it is a beauty! I don't know what I would have done without Rym! 

Once we finished our shopping, a sweet man rolled my chair and Rym's pots out to the car. The hard part was getting it in the car! It fit great but the trunk would not close!

So thanks to the Tunisian trash on the side of the road, the sweet man and parking attendant tied the my trunk down with a plastic piece of string. And it held perfectly!

 So I drove home safely and carried my new chair into the house. It fits perfectly!

The chair is made from colorful Tunisian carpets (which I already have and love) and nice wood. Here is the chair from all angles:



The chair fits perfectly and was worth the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment