Friday, April 3, 2015

Let the Spring Break Fun Begin!

Today at 12:30 marked the beginning of Spring Break!! Yahooo!! Leading up to that time, I helped make bunny ears, did the bunny hop, hid Easter eggs, read lots of Max and Ruby books, and watched 18 happy 3-5 year olds hop around like bunnies! My heart was full! But when 12:30 came (well more like 12:45 when the last child finally left the classroom), I felt like an adult with lots of fun adult things ahead of me! While this is the first Spring Break I am spending in Tunis (no traveling for me which bums me out but I know this is what's best for me and my heart/health right now), I look forward to spending it with my Tunisian friends and just taking it easy at home! 

So once the kids finally left, Catherine (my fabulous sub for 3+ months), Rym (my other PreK teacher who I work very closely with), and I headed to La Goulette for lunch. Rym lives in La Goulette so she took us to one of the many fabulous restaurants there.

First we picked out our fish we wanted them to cook!

And while they were cooking it, we ate these Tunisian dips with bread! Oh so yummy! I can tell you what their names are but I cannot spell them and Google cannot figure out what I am typing! Ha!

I also tried this famous Tunisian seafood soup! A bit spicy but yum!

My fish all cooked up! Tuna steaks and squid! YUM! 

Before heading our seperate ways, we took a selfie with the Med behind us!
Catherine, me, Rym


Later that day, I went to celebrate my dear friends before they leave Tunisia for good to have their sweet baby boy and move to Bangkok for their next adventure! We went out to celebrate together and had a wonderful time talking about their past 2 years here and all the fun "quirks" of Tunisia! It will not be the same without the Wongs but I look forward to meeting Dorian!



The girls (me, Katie, Angie, Laura) with the Med behind us

Loving on Baby Dorian


Silly boys doing their own paternity shot! 
Jeff, Corbet, David

Oh Wongs! Tunisia will not be the same without you!! You will be greatly missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment