Sunday, April 5, 2015

An Non-tradional Easter

This Easter, I did not wake up, put on a special selected colorful dress, go to church, and have a special meal with my family. I didn't spend time with my family or pick out a dress that I had set aside just to wear on Easter.  I was also not traveling around Europe either. Nope, I was here in Tunisia and honestly, I truly had a nice nontraditional Easter. 

Now don't get me wrong. I would have loved to have spend Easter with my family! I would have loved to wear a fun colorful dress! And I was jealous of the pictures I saw of my friends wearing those gorgeous dresses. But that is not where I was suppose to be. I was suppose to be in Tunisia right where I belong. And I am grateful to be here.

My day started where I felt very motivated! So I organized cabinets in my kitchen that were out of control. Then I decided to take on a big project of organizing my thrown-everywhere pantry. Want to know a little dirty secret about me? I am unorganized. Yes, I am a first born. Yes, I am a control freak. Yes, everything has its place and it better be put back in that exact space or I can tell it is off... even by a centimeter. And yes, on the surface my workplace and home are very neat. But, don't open a cabinet, drawer, or in this case, a pantry! I need things neat on the outside (don't do clutter on surfaces) so because of that I throw things in all sorts of places to make it took good on top! It can actually be quite dangerous opening up any cabinets or drawers because things could fall out and hurt you! But since I have all this time at home this week, I organized my pantry! And believer it or not, I have fun doing it and hope I can keep it that way!

So come with me as I show you my organized pantry ;)

Bottom row: recycling bins nicely labeled with dot letters and pictures to boot! ;)

Next Row: Baking supplies!

Third Row: Cooking Supplies

Top Row:  Zip Lock bags, medicine, paper towels/TP, Zoe's bin

I am an official zip-loc bag hoarder!  They can't be found here so I always bring lots back each time I am in the states

Close ups of the labels and highly organized bins ;)



After I was happily organized, I dropped my recycling off at school and went to the embassy to go swimming! My Sundays are not complete without swimming laps!

 Right before I went swimming, my favorite people in Tunisia invited me for dinner. I was so grateful to be spending Easter with my family here in Tunisia! So I brought my dad's Easter deviled eggs!

Dying the egg whites

Drying out

Viola! (means Ta-Da in French... hehe!)

I also did tons of laundry as I washed all the sheets and duvet covers on my beds!

Spent time with these cuties too!


Then I headed over to Jeff and Laura's for dinner! It was a great time spent with friends! And as always, Jeff's dinner was amazing!

I loved my Easter spent here in Tunisia!

No comments:

Post a Comment