Sunday, December 1, 2013

Ireland!!

Oh Ireland how I love you!  It is one of my favorite places I have been!  People there are so kind, caring, and genuine!  I loved and greatly appreciated how they spoke English!  Ireland is also a gorgeous country no matter the season no matter the weather!  I loved seeing the countryside and I loved seeing the cute little towns!  I would have spent hours there walking around and shopping!  Oh Ireland how I miss you!  But by far the best part of Ireland was spending time with my parents!  I loved spending so much time with them and being as silly and nutty as we were all summer!  I loved the laughter, the jokes, the honesty, the hugs, and all the crazy moments.  But no matter what (or wet), they were there!  Mom and Dad, I love you so much!  Thank you for letting me join on your Anniversary trip!  Ireland is a place like no others, and as redheads, we fit in perfectly! 

Santa pictures at the airport



Oh and mom bought me these before I got there... roasted turkey and stuffing flavored potato chips! They were pretty good and oddly tasted like turkey and stuffing. 

After driving 4 hours, we made it to Kilarney just in time to do some shopping and then headed to Gaby's for our Thanksgiving dinner!  It is a seafood restaurant that was absolute delicious! 
 

At the first Thanksgiving, the pilgrims and Native Americans had lots of seafood since they were right on the water so we fit in perfectly! ;)

 Prawns

 Mussels

 Stuffed with Thanksgiving Seafood

Downtown Kilarney

The next morning we woke up and drove the Ring of Kerry!







They let me drive on the other side of the road!!  How exciting!!  They were nervous wrecks but I had fun!


Love, love, love the small towns!



Finally made it to the coast!





Then the fun began!!  At a view stop, we realized one of the tires were flat.  So dad changed it and we "helped".


We got back to Kilarney just in time for a local parade!  It was so sweet!







Then after the parade, the lit the lights throughout the town!



Then we went for dinner and I had fish and chips, of course!

The next day, dad went with Shane (sweet guy who worked at the hotel) to fix the tire and mom and I went shopping! I got 3 wool rugs for my bedroom. 

Adorable downtown Kilarney





Once we were all squared away, we headed on to Galway.




The Spanish Arch


Dad outside a teahouse (they didn't have any tables for us so we never got to try it)



Awesome Farmer's Market




We left Galway and headed to the town where our hotel was (40 minutes outside of Dublin).  We had our final Irish meal of fish and chips with beer and hard cider!  Then we headed to the hotel to pack up because I flew out at 6:25am!


Saying goodbye was really hard but I was so grateful to spend that time with them and very grateful to see my brother when I landed!  Mom and Dad, I love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment