Saturday, December 21, 2013

Back in the States!!!!

I have made it to the good ole' USA!!!  While I am not quite home yet (in DC and leave for RDU in an hour and a half), it is so good to be back in the states!  At first, it was weird.  I had heard when you come back to the states, everyone talking in a language you can understand is a bit overwhelming.  And that is exactly how I felt.  In the customs line, I could understand what everyone was saying which was so weird for me!  I am used to lots of noise but not anything that I could understand.  So I am getting used to that.  For the most part, my flights have been uneventful.  The flight from Tunis left an hour late so I almost missed my connecting flight in Germany but I made it!  I am super tired as I have been up for over 20 hours but so happy to almost be home!

Once I made it through customs and checked in my bags, I walked outside for a bit because I had tons of time and wanted some fresh air.  As I was walking around and observing things, it hit me that I really love living abroad and seeing the world outside of the states.  Now this does not mean I am not excited to be home... I am beyond the moon to be back in the states!!  But I just feel my heart also belongs to places around the world.  I am beyond blessed to see the world around me but to also have such a supportive system here!  My friends have been counting down and have been so encouraging over these past 4 months!  I am so excited to see and spend time with my friends and family!

I was hoping to have a more meaningful post but I think my brain is fried!  I am happy to be back visiting in the states and my family/friends mean the world to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment