Thursday, December 5, 2013

Paul's Visit to Tunis

I am one blessed girl!  After a wonderful time in Ireland with my parents, I landed in Tunis and guess who was waiting for me... Paul!!!!  He had tons of saved up PTO days so he came to visit me!  We were able to explore Tunis some even though I was working each day.  He did come and visit me and my students each day and they loved Mr. Paul so much! 

On Monday, we went to a little French store to buy Proscuitto and Bacon

We also stopped by Carrefour and bought a TV! :)  Then we came home and ate a Tunisian dinner cooked by my maid, Kalthum!  So yummy!

Then we went back to Carrefour to find a cord for my computer to talk to my TV.  That didn't really go well but I had to get a picture of a toaster that included bread.  Doesn't get any better than that!




Playing in Carrefour!

On Tuesday, we went to LaMarsa to buy rugs!  I now have 3 rugs and my house doesn't feel so bare!  Then we went down to the water so Paul can touch the Mediterranean Sea.  

Touching the water!

Then we went to GQ for shwarma!  The men there were so nice and it was so yummy!



Yes, it is cold in Tunis!  The highs are in the low 60s and the lows are in the high 40s.  

On Wednesday, I finally got to take Paul to Sidi Bou Said so he could see the gorgeous views and the blue doors!  We also met Kaylee (I teach 2nd grade with her) and Simon there for dinner.  












On Thursday after work, we boarded a plane and headed to Southern Tunisia.  Not quite the desert but close!  Another post coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment