Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I love my WLE friends!

When I was visiting in the states back in December/January, I felt very torn as I tried to see all of my friends and spend time with my family. I was unable to see some of my friends and didn't spend a lot of time with my parents.  So my dear friend Brooke from my old school (West Lake Elementary), offered to host a party for me so I could see all of my school friends! She is brilliant and very generous! She opened up her new home and provided Mexican dinner for all of us!  We had a blast chatting and checking up!  It was so good to see all of my school friends in one place and not feel stretched in seeing them all!  I was so grateful to spend such quality time with each of them!  Plus, some of us went out afterwards and that is fun I will never forgot!  I love you my WLE friends!

The group: Melissa, Kelsey, me, Nancy, Jeanette, Brooke

Nancy: She teaches 2nd grade and taught right next door to me when I got moved to the 2nd grade hallway!  She was the only school friend I told about my job interview in Tunis and she was the first one (even before my parents... they wouldn't pick up their phones!) I told when I got my job in Tunisia... she is a great secret keeper!  She is an amazing listener, caring, and kind friend!  I was so grateful to be steps away from her through my last 2 years at WLE!

Oh my Brooke!  She is the one I Voxer with the most (besides my mom)!  We go to each other with the random stuff, the frustrating stuff, the hilarious TMI stuff, the crying stuff, and the list goes on!  She is a great listener and sympathizer!  We just have a fabulous time when we are together!  She is also my Teen Mom and Grey's Anatomy Buddy!  Oh and my craft buddy too! She teaches 2nd grade, track 1 at WLE and she got my kids when my left 1st grade!  

Jeanette was my first close friend at WLE and we have remained friends throughout the year!  She teaches Kindergarten and I got her kids when she was on track 1. She claims we took classes together at Meredith and I ignored her because she went to NC State but I don't believe that is true because I don't remember her at all! She has the biggest heart and gives her all at all she does!  She is absolutely hilarious and a lot of fun!

Kelsey and I both taught first grade together my last year at WLE.  We lived near each other in Apex and used to have dinner together each Thursday night.  She is so thoughtful, genuine, real, kind, absolutely funny, honest, and a lot of fun! I have loved all the moments we have spend together!  She is moving to Charleston this Friday but I know we will still keep in touch (thanks to technology)!





Melissa!! She's taught K forever at WLE and I always got her kids!  We fought for our kids and worked together.  I always went to her for advice or when I was about to lose it on someone! Her and I are very similar and because of that we know what each other are thinking and the questions to ask to really dig deeper!  She is a straight shooter and will tell it/ask it like it is! I am so grateful we have become such close friends!  She is also a blast to be around!

Jessica is Jeanette's sister who was in town from Charleston.  I have met her before at baby showers and such but it was so much fun to spend time with her!  She is kind, relate-able, and a lot of fun!  

As for this pic, Melissa... I couldn't resist! ;)

Thank you friends for all of your support this past year!  I love you all dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment