Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weekend in Hungary!

This weekend I went to a reading workshop in Budapest, Hungary.  I have never been to Hungary and was so excited to get the chance to come here!  The workshop was great and Budapest is gorgeous!  We got to stay at the Hilton in the castle district and our view was spectacular!  We were near so many sights and it was breathtaking!  Thank you Dave for letting us stay here in this wonderful location!

Our view from our hotel room






The MANY steps we had to climb from the river up to our hotel






Our hotel

Another room view




Fisherman's Bastion (right behind our hotel)


St. Mathias church (I know, I know... I am NOT a fan of cathedrals but this one was so pretty to look at!  I love to look at them... just not tour them)

More of Fisherman's Bastion

Love seeing brides in Europe


Thank you to Susan for sharing her gorgeous coat (and scarf and gloves) with me (the coat was only 2 TND which is $1.20)


The Danube River


Viking River boats (I LOVE river cruises)

Goulash (Hungarian specialty)- yummier than it looks

Only a fraction of the gorgeous international school where our conference was


Our final Hungarian meal


No comments:

Post a Comment