Friday, October 4, 2013

Rome for 10 hours

On our way to Hungary for the reading conference, we had a looooooooong layover in Rome.  So we decided to head into the city and just walk around for the day.  We saw great sights... some I knew and some just looked pretty! ;)  The weather was gorgeous and we just had a great day roaming around!


The Spanish Steps



From the top of the Spanish Steps


Fountain at the bottom of the steps



House wine... so good

My favorite part of the Rome.. the pizza and the pasta (I forgot to get a picture of the pasta... so yummy)





The Roman Coliseum 



We found a Carrefour in Italy!  This one had better stuff and no one was there!  Love it!

Oh and what did I find... Greek yogurt!

AND COTTAGE CHEESE!!!  Oh how I have missed you!!!!!!!




Last stop before the airport... gelato!

No comments:

Post a Comment