Thursday, October 17, 2013

Barcelona!

I am so sorry this post has taken me so long to put up!  Blogger and I got in a huge fight last week and have not been on speaking terms.  Our relationship is still a little rocky but hopefully we are on the mends. ;)

Aunt Jeanne and I had a great time in Barcelona and stayed busy the entire time we were there!  We saw a lot and made many memories.  I am going to let the pictures do the rest of the talking!

Sunday
Graffiti is quite common in Barcelona and actually allowed.

Cute crafts fair we stumbled upon near our apartment

First meal in Barcelona... sangria (really strong)
 and tapas!
 

While walking off the sangria, we walked down to the water and saw the Christopher Columbus statue.  

We also went up it (we looked out right under his feat where the arrow-looking things are).




The views were spectacular!



Then we decided to go back to our apartment because we were very tired (early flight from Tunis and Sangria... not a good mix)

 The alleyway down to our apartment

Our balcony

After a long nap, we ventured out to see Barcelona at night.  What a pretty sight!



 What did I stumble upon?  Why it's Octoberfest in Barcelona!  It had fair rides and food as well as long tables with German food and beer!

 This picture is for you mom!

Monday
The next morning we ventured off to go sightseeing.  This picture was too cute not to share!

Our first stop was one of Charles Gaudi houses.  He was a very creative architect from Barcelona.  This a tour of his house:

From the inside looking up

The very cool roof




The attic

The kids room... loved the 3 story doll house!  


The sewing room

Part of the kitchen

Then we went to Park Guell that was also done by Gaudi and had a great architecture 













Tuesday
We started our day with a tour of the theater in Barecelona. It was breathtaking inside!











Next stop was to another Gaudi house.  This one felt tall!

Mushroom shaped fireplace!  Love it!


Outside area



The hallway area... soooo cool!  The blue got darker the higher up it went.




Aunt Jeanne in the attic

The roof

Gaudi also made cool chairs

Next stop is a cathedrel Gaudi was designing when he died and it is still not finished.  



We decided to walk around Old Town and had to stop for churros and hot chocolate! SO YUMMY!!




After having two late nights, we picked up dinner to eat at home.  Here is Aunt Jeanne in our itty bitty staircase

Wednesday
We took a train ride an hour out of Barcelona and went to Monserrat.  What gorgeous views!



We took a cable car to get up there.

We walked and walked and walked and walked to finally find this small church.  Long tiring walk but great exercise.


Loved this church! (I think I like churches when I can do the tour on my own... it goes a little faster that way)


Had these gorgeous lanterns hanging!


There was this cheese market where I got the best goat cheese ever! But I HAD to get a picture of these heirloom tomatoes because I miss them so!


Had this cool monument overlooking the mountain

 We took the cable car back down the mountain.

After taking a nap on the train, Aunt Jeanne took me to IKEA!!!!!  This is my new favorite store in Europe!  I have also been to the IKEA in Rome! There are not many home decoration items in Tunis that are cute and well-priced so I love stocking up on things at IKEA!  We got a lot and thanks to Aunt Jeanne, we got it all home safe and sound!

I had a great trip, Aunt Jeanne!!


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful article; great tips. I especially appreciate the pickpocket avoidance information! This is a great list.
    Barcelona Attractions | Barcelona Sightseeing

    ReplyDelete