Monday, September 16, 2013

Blessing Others

Today I had a Tunisian moment that I have been waiting to have since I got here!  My Tunisian friend told me of a single mom who needed money to pay for her rent for her and her 4 year old son.  So today we went to their home to give them the money.  The single mom was at work (she got a job today working at a daycare where her son can go too!) when we got there but we talked with the landlords and I gave the money to them to pay for the rest of the woman's rent.  This area was behind my school and it meant the WORLD to me to go there!  I drove on a dirt road to get their home.  Many people were out and about.  I got out of the car and thought "this is the Tunisia I have been wanting to see"!  People here were so kind, sweet, with loving hearts!  My friend chatted in Arabic with the landlords while I took it all in!  It was just so surreal to watch a school girl come home and sit in the corner to write on her notebook, a little girl cried when her parents went upstairs and she didn't want to, people came and went, and I just watched.  It was an amazing moment and the best I have had since I got here.  I am so grateful I was able to do this!  I used some of the money that you all gave on the money tree at my going away party.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for your generosity, kindness, and big hearts!  It meant the world to me to give to this woman but even more so, it meant the world to the single mom with her little boy.  Thank you for your generosity!  I look forward to sharing many more of these moments with you! 

2 comments: