Friday, March 20, 2015

I am safe.

I am safe. I am sorry I did not blog earlier. Things have been a little crazy here. In case you haven't heard, there was a terrorist attack in Tunis where 20 people were killed on Wednesday. The terrorists got word that Parliament was having an anti-terroist meeting and they were planning to sabotage that meeting. But they could not get in so they went to the Bardo museum next door. The Bardo museum is a huge tourist attraction (large mosaic collection) so many tourists go there. That day 2 large cruise ships had docked in Tunis so the passengers were in the museum. The terrorists killed people in the museum- out of the 20 people killed, 18 were tourists. It was a very sobering day! 20 people were killed. Many were on vacation. Tunisians are sad this happened to their country. People are not going to be comfortable visiting here. It is sad and hard to grasp. However, I still feel safe here, still love living here, and want others to feel the same. Tunisia is a beautiful country with lovely, friendly people! There are wonderful things to see! I love it here and want others to feel the same way! Please know I am safe but please pray for the families of people killed and for Tunisians as their country has been rocked.

Here are some pictures from that day that are unrelated to the attacks but will hopefully make you smile!

One of my students wore this awesome shirt!! "Ninjas love Harrissa" 
(harissa is a spicy tomato paste that is used in everything in Tunisia)

I hung out with Katie after school since we were both home alone. Someone came over from the embassy and brought Girl Scout cookies! Katie modeled the boxes. The one on the left I brought from NC and the one on the right Tom from the embassy brought. Do you see the difference? Weird right?

No comments:

Post a Comment