Friday, February 6, 2015

Here I remain...

This post is way overdue and I have written it in my head a million times. But today I was suppose to be on a plane flying to Tunisia. But that is not happening. Instead, I am here for another 4-6 weeks. Last Wednesday, I went to the cardiologist for my post-surgery check-up and I was sure I would be cleared to go back to Tunisia to teach and live. I mean, I am feeling better, am having less pain and more energy. I was not ready to leave my family but was ready to get back to work (oh how I miss my kiddos). I thought it was a done deal. But I am not in control and it was not my decision!

The night before my appointment, I prayed that my cardiologist would make it clear that I was set to go back or that I needed to stay here. I wanted to be sure that either way it would be the best for my health. Whelp, I should have known... my cardiologist is as honest as honest can be!

After I had all my tests and she checked me out saying my heart sounded beautifully and I am recovering wonderfully! She left to take care of paperwork and when she walked back in, she asked when I was hoping to get back to Tunisia. When I told her next Friday, the stuff hit the fan and it all went downhill from there! Mom and I were shocked. Then Dr. Armstrong and I exchanged words (which is what we do best) and I may have cried. But I never doubted her. She is the very very BEST and I totally trust her! She told me that she doesn't want me going to another country where I cannot get the care of doctors that know me like I can here. She knows that I will go at full speed and no stop. So she doesn't wanting me doing that in another country until my heart is 100% healed. She's right! She knows me! So here I remain!

I am not going to lie- it has taken me time to be okay with this. I wasn't for a little while. But I know this is best for me! I know I over do it and I know I am not 100% healed. I still get tired at the end of the day. My body aches when I overdo it. I still have pain in my chest when my incision area. So I am going to enjoy my time here and have lots of FaceTime and Skype dates with my friends and students! I hope to go back to Tunisia in mid March but will enjoy volunteering at my old school and spending time with friends. 

Thank you for all your encouraging words and uplifting emails! I love you all!

This is the famous and fabulous Dr. Armstrong! Love her smile here!

Love her open eyes here! Oh and I am sitting down while she is standing up... just to give you an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment