Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sickly Weekend

Let me start off my saying, I rarely get sick but when I do, it is not pretty!

I am sorry to say (or type) there were be no pictures of any fun adventures around Tunisia.  There won't even be pictures of outside my apartment and there definitely won't be any pictures of me because no one needs to see that! On Friday, I got strep throat and it was not a pretty situation!  

At 10:00 while my kids were at recess, I went to see the nurse because I had a feeling I might have strep.  She said I did not have a temp and my throat was just red.  I have had strep enough to know that white dots on my throat means strep.  So I went back to class but as the day went on, I lost my appetite (a sure sign I have strep) and I had chills (I rarely get fevers so that is not usually a sign for me like it is for others).  So once my kids left at 12:30 for the day, I went back to the nurse.  She took me temp and it went up.  I knew at this point it was strep!  But you get just get any medicine you need over the counter in Tunisia so I didn't have to see the doctor. :) So for the first time ever, I left work early for being sick! I went to two pharmacies (one doesn't have medicine... who knows and one didn't open until 3:00).  So I went home and tried not to crash because I knew I had to go back to the pharmacy in an house.  But my dear friend Laura went back to the pharmacy for me and brought me my meds.  I am so thankful to have her as a neighbor too!  After finally taking my meds (they were powder to be dissolved in water), I laid down but felt awful!  The rest of Friday night was rough!  I had zero energy and it felt like I was swallowing daggers every time I swallowed!  

But Saturday I woke up and felt better... I was shocked it was that quick!  God is so good!  I still looked and felt rough but I was swallowing butter knifes instead of daggers!  I took it easy for the whole day and actually got a lot done that I had not gotten the chance to do because I was always on the run!  It was nice to sit and just get things done (and watch OTH and movies).  I did miss my morning with the babies and a fabulous St. Patty's Day party that night.  But it was what I had to do.  Sunday I woke up with my throat barely hurting and was so grateful!

I want to say how thankful I am for this community!  The community here is so tight-knit and really take care of each other!  Laura got my meds, brought me Chloroseptic spray, a computer cord, and brought me cake-pops for the St. Patty's day party.  John and Karen walked Zoe for me on Friday when I didn't have the strength.  Kaylee brought me a computer cord from school.   Cheryl gave me a hug when that was just what I needed because I couldn't have one from my mom.  That was the HARDEST part of being sick... not having my mom here!  She always brought me and Zoe home when I got sick. Dad and her took care of me and walked/fed Zoe.  There is just something about not having your mom when you are sick is so hard!  But I am thankful for technology that I got to talk with her and see her a lot!  Mom, thank you for your support, love, and encouragement from afar!  I love you!  Thank you ACST community for carrying me through, too!

This sweet thing was so good... she stayed by my side the entire time! 

This was the only thing I could eat/drink for a while!  My mom use to always made it.  It is honey/lemon with hot water.

Always with me!

Watched lots of TV!  LOVE Pitch Perfect!

Sleepy Zoe!

Sorry for no fun adventures but don't worry... I head to Rome on Thursday with the Boyers and lots of adventures will be had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment