Sunday, March 9, 2014

Downtown Tunis with my Tunisian Family!

Today I got the amazing opportunity to spend the day with the Basu family (the family I babysit for here) in downtown Tunis (mostly the medina area)!  Tito's children are in town visiting for the week and they invited me to come along!  We decided to take the train to downtown Tunis for the day and that was a fun experience!  The seats were comfy, it wasn't crowded, and it was super cheap (60 cents for one way).  I adore this family to pieces and feel so much a part of their family!  This means the world to me since I am living so far away from mine!  We a blast we had!

The clock tower in the distance

Beautiful flower market (but when we got closer we realized a lot of them were fake flowers!)

Roshan and Kiran

Sleepy Romen and happy Michele

Roshan and Tito hand-in-hand

The full clock tower

The Basu family!

Sweet father son moment as walking towards the flags

A catholic church in Tunisia!

The stone arch right outside of the medina

Inside the medina (Kiran and Romen)

Bargaining for jewelry

Love the doors in downtown Tunis


Romen and I taking a selfie

These sweet sleepy cats (there are four of them)!

The shop owner fed the cats and this sweet little girl came over to watch

Tito with his two kids (Kiran and Nina)

Michele and I at lunch

Romen with his beloved turtle

Love this shot of Kiran and Roshan

Family shot as we were waiting for the train

Roshan posing

The train is here!

Michele, Roshan, Kiran, and Nina

Me, Tito, and Romen

No comments:

Post a Comment