Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Grade Changing!

I taught first grade for 7 amazing years and firmly believed I would always be in first grade!  Throughout the years, I have talked to veteran teachers who have taught a variety of grades and I always thought, "That will never be me.  I am here to stay in first grade!"  And then I decided to teach in Africa and took a job that was not in first grade (but only one grade up).  While I am enjoying second grade and am learning a lot, my heart is still in 1st grade.  But there are two openings in Pre-K and my heart was telling me to give it a try.  I mentioned to my principal before break that I MIGHT be interested in Pre-K but not sure.  She called me into her office yesterday day and told me she needed me in Pre-K.  So here goes something... I am teaching Pre-K next school year!  Changes continue to come to me... I think they will until I learn to like them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment