Monday, November 18, 2013

Shoping in La Marsa

La Marsa is my favorite neighborhood in Tunis.  It is an adorable area with the cutest little stores.  It has a mosque in the middle of town and it is right on the Mediterranean Sea.  It has a cozy neighborhood feel with friendly people.  Joni and I headed down there Saturday morning and spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon in La Marsa.  Oh how I love that place!

My favorite store in La Marsa.  It has pottery, baskets, foutas (thin towels), tile wall hangings, and the sweetest owner!  He is too kind and even speaks some English!   I go there at least once a week!

The outside of his store

This amazing soap store I have been SEARCHING for for weeks!  I finally found it! Many Christmas presents are coming from here!

I stumbled upon this cutesy store!  It has fun jewelry, flower pins, cute dolls, and so much more!  Reminds me of my favorite jewelry store in downtown Apex!

Does this look familiar? (Dunkin Donuts wannabe... we also have Starbox)

Never been inside but love this building

Joni took me to this store!  How beautiful!  Am going back once I get more dinars!

Sweet mama cat and her kittens

Right on the water!


Saturday wouldn't be complete without my weekly market trip!

Sweet potatoes (new find of this week!)

and tomatoes already in a crate just for me!

Love the flowers at the market!  A bouquet is only 8 dinars (less than $5)!

Then we had lunch at this yummy Lebanese restaurant. 
Baba Ghanoush and Humus 

Falafel sandwich


Then I took Joni to the amazing grocery store I discovered last week!  It has a great selection and it is not busy!  Look... Joni has the aisle to herself!

1 comment:

  1. Joni and I headed down there Saturday morning and spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon in La Marsa. Oh how I love that place! locali a roma

    ReplyDelete