Monday, June 10, 2013

My Second Families

I love to babysit and there is no denying it!  I spend my Thursdays and Saturdays babysitting for two very special families that I love oh so very much!  These two families mean the world to me and they are my second families!  I have very close relationships with not only the kids but their parents (and grandparents, neighbors, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc). I love that I can be real with them and have amazing adventures with them as well!  Aside from my dad, mom, and brother, these two families are going to be the next hardest to leave when I move to Tunisia!  I have watched these kids grow from infants into teenagers and have created such tight bonds with them!  I love them so much and am grateful for all the time we have spent together!

 
The Smith Family (M, A, C)
I have been with them for over 10 years! I started with them when A was 6 weeks old and now she is 11 years old.  I have loved dress up parties, cooking, crafting, going to the $2 movies, many sleepovers, "Say yes to the Dress", walks at Meredith, playing basketball, taco nights at my parents house, helping me with my classroom things, lots of tight hugs at bedtime, chats when they should be in bed, them calling me "Elisety", and lots of singing.

The Mauzy Family (J and G)
It will be 10 years in September that we have been together.  I started with them when G was 1 year old and now he is 11 years old.  I have loved watching their soccer games, watching them play basketball and lacroose, making yarn balls and stuffed animals, homemade ice cream on the porch, watching all sorts of fun shows (Deal or No Deal, Full House, How it's Made, Cash Cab, Supermarket Dash, Duck Dynasty, and Wipeout), and bedtime scares (thanks, J). 

No comments:

Post a Comment