Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sunday Night Dinner

Ever since I was in college, I would come home every Sunday for church and stay the entire day.  I would go home sometime after dinner.  Because this was the only night I was home each week, we would make dinners special.  Dad cooks dinner each Sunday night and I put in my two cents.  Throughout the years, we have had different dinner guests.  It started when Kris (my cousin) lived with us before he got married.  Then once he got married, Chrissy and Kris would come over for dinner once a month or so.  My other cousins would join us from time to time as well.  When our friends, John and Sara, moved to NC, they started coming each week.  Then Paul's friends moved to Raleigh and they came from time to time.  Now that Paul has moved back home, he comes too.  This past Sunday, Dad made a Tunisian-inspired meal. He even used my tangine (a clay pot used to cook an entire meal in used in Tunisia) for the first time.  He made Moroccan Chicken and Grilled Egglant!  It was sooo yummy!

Dad cooking on the tangine

The tangine closed up ready to eat

Tada!  Moroccan Chicken!

Grilled Egglant
 

The Sunday night regulars! (mom, dad, John, Sara, Derrick)

No comments:

Post a Comment