Tuesday, June 4, 2013

See you Later, Alligator!

West Lake Elementary will always be very near and dear to my heart!  I student taught there and taught first grade there for seven years!  I met many people and worked with many people on a variety of things.  I made memories that will last a lifetime.  I made many friendships that will last even after I have left WLE.  WLE was my home away from home (and M-F, I spent more time there then I did at home).  In a school, you become a family and are there for each other no matter what. This is what WLE is for me and leaving was very hard for me to do!  Because I have devoted so much time and heart to WLE, it was hard for to let go of control (shocker, right?).  I continued to make decisions for next school year and take care of things to prepare my grade level for the next school year.  Luckily, administrators still kept me in the loop and let me make decisions.  Believe it or not, this meant the world to me.  I never felt like I didn't matter because come June I would be gone.  Many people said...we will see you in 2 years! I felt encouraged that even though I wouldn't be there, I still mattered.  Now that I am typing all of this out, it sounds very selfish but I just wanted to put out there what is on my heart.  Thank you WLE for loving me and helping me grow into the teacher I have become! 

Before I left, my dear friend, Melissa threw me a going away party.  This was so special to me because not only were my colleagues there but the past parents and students were there too.  It was great to get to say my goodbyes to everyone and see all of those whom I have loved dearly!

Melissa (teaches K but will be teaching 1st next year)

                                                                  Mandi (receptionist)

Laurie (teaches K)

Brooke (teaches 2nd)

Cathy (art teacher) and Michele (first grade)

Jeanette (K teacher)

Natalie (IRT)

**I would love to post pictures of all the students and parents who were there but you will not find pictures of any of my students on this blog (but I can brag about them all day long ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment