Monday, November 30, 2015

Reggio Emilia, Italy

As a part of this lifestyle of teaching abroad, we are given money to go to professional development. There is an amazing approach to teaching preschool that started in Reggio Emilia, Italy. A week or so ago, my teammate and I headed there to learn this approach and visit many schools who use this approach. It was a week long conference but it was amazing! I look at teaching preschool in a whole new light and am grateful for the experience I had. Not only did I learn how to better teach my students, I also go to see Italy and eat amazing food! It was a great opportunity I am grateful for!

Rym and I traveled by plane, bus and train to get there! We were happy to finally arrive!

My dinner our first night there

Rym and her yummy pizza

 Our gorgeous walk to the center

One of the preschool visits (we were only allowed to take pictures outside)

Their experience places a huge emphasis on nature


Our tour of the infant/toddler center

After a long day of learning, we went shopping! I love Minnie and I love Christmas!

Beautiful fountain

Loved all the Christmas decorations


Amazing seafood dinner

Look there is a Target in Italy!!! (Not the same but still pretty cool!)

A collage of our first day of training

Our view out of our hotel room (a Radcliff family tradition)

Loved the leaves changing

Reggio used a lot of light tables... too cool!

Amazing long awaited pasta

Never got tired of the fall views

I love European towns








Now there's a Christmas sweater... ha!

Fabulous homemade ravioli 


My favorite pasta dish of the week!

Our final walk to the center (loved this walk daily)

More fun buildings

Final night dinner... veggie pizza

Had to bring Italy back to Tunis... my dinner back in Tunis

No comments:

Post a Comment