Saturday, November 7, 2015

The Marine Ball

While our school has nothing to do with the military or the Embassy, we are always invited to the Marine Ball each year. This year a group of decided to go and it was a lot of fun! I must say though, I had just as much fun getting ready with the girls as I did going to the ball. A night full of great memories for sure!

Zeniab came and did make-up for our all of us!

My make-up almost complete and Susan waiting for her turn

These two are a hoot to watch in action!

Kathy kindly worked with my crazy curls!

Katie and I got our dresses made together and it was such a fun adventure! Hers turned out just magnificent! 




Susan had a gorgeous designer dress

The boys all dressed up waiting on us ladies!
James, John, Mark

me and James

The ladies with Zeniab who made us beautiful!
Kathy, Katie, Zeniab, Karen, me, Susan

My dress all complete! (it is a cobalt blue color but appears darker in this picture)

Kathy and Susan

The three of us had our dresses made by the same designer
Karen, Katie, me

All the ladies dressed up ready to go!
Karen, Kathy, Elise, Katie, Susan

James and Katie

We finally made it to the ball! There was a ceremony before dinner which was quite cool to watch.

This table is set aside for all the fallen soldiers 

It was the Marine's 240th Birthday and the cake was amazing!

Mark and Kathy

me and Katie

John and Karen

The girls and the flags

We had way too much fun taking pictures with the Marines in their uniforms!




No comments:

Post a Comment