Monday, December 22, 2014

One Year


Dear Grandpa,
       It is hard to believe we have had a whole year without you in it! Please know it is not the same without you and we all miss you dearly! We groan frequently in our house because we feel closer to you. Mom and dad are always groaning when getting out of the recliner or off the couch! Weird? No- it just helps us feel like you are here with us. Oh how we miss your groaning!


Grandma missing your terribly but she is doing well.  She talks about you regularly- things you liked, things you didn't like, and things you did together. But please do not worry about her! She is doing well and continuing to live life to the fullest! She is still as healthy as a horse (according to me) and active. She is less stubborn than you and uses her walker faithfully. One of my favorite memories with her since you've been gone, was washing and putting away dishes. The dishwasher wasn't working so I unloaded it to wash all the dishes. She came and joined me by putting away ALL of the dishes. She put the dishes on her walker and put them away like wonder-woman! You would be proud! All that was missing was you sleeping in your chair!


 Oh how I miss you, Grandpa! Going into your house for the first time and not seeing you sitting in your chair, was hard. You loved that chair as you watched the news or snoozed. I loved holding your hand while you sat in your chair. My favorite thing to do with you was to hold your hand! You had such a loving and secure grip. It told me all would be ok! I also loved fixing your hair... had to get that comb-over just right! ;) And you always called me "your girl"! Oh how I miss that!



 One of my very favorite things we did with you was going to Legoland! All of us talk about that time together all of the time and with such fondness! You LOVED Legoland and we got to do so much together! You loved Lego town and we could have left you there for hours. It was wonderful to see how much you loved it! I also had so much fun riding the carousel with you! Such a special day for the 6 of us!


Grandpa, not a day goes by that we don't think of you! We love you to the moon and back!

Love your favorite granddaughter ;),
Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment