Thursday, May 8, 2014

American Day in England

So sorry I have not posted anything about England yet!  This week has been insanely busy and I have tried to start this twice already.  

I went to England this past weekend for a long week.  I had school off for Tunisian Labor Day so I got to spend my Labor Day with the Boyers!  I landed Thursday afternoon.  Kate and the boys picked me up and we headed home for Taco Pie, bathtime for the boys, and movie time for the girls!  

On Friday, we dropped papers off at Caleb's school for next year so it was so exciting to see where he will be going to school!  It was a sweet school and the lady at the front desk was so kind!  Then we headed to Waitrose (an English grocery store) to stock up on some necessities!  Such a fun grocery store with awesome cheese and chocolate selection!

Then we went to base to have lunch at Taco Bell and drop Caleb off at school!  While Caleb was at school, Kate, Josh and I went SHOPPING at American stores!  I was super excited and was just taking it all in!! 

Josh was such a happy boy!  He let me hold me all throughout the day!  
 

The amazing commissary!

Josh eating pieces of my favorite candy bar in the entire world!

We picked Caleb up from school and headed to the other base: Mildenhall, where Dave works!

Dave's plane!

Happy boy after school!

Then we went to an international bazzar that was inside a plane hanger!

Caleb got a race car!

Josh got a double-decker bus!

A part of the bazzar

In the next plane hanger, Kate and I found... SWEET TEA AND FRIED PICKLES!!!  We were so surprised and they were super yummy!

This is the girl that made the tea and pickles.  She is from Louisiana and has on a monogrammed hat!  Love me some Southern girls!

Dave met us at the bazaar and shortly after we headed out. 

Sweet town of Mildenhall



We stopped for dinner at this amazing pub!

Love this boy!

Dave with his bangers and mash

Me with my fish and chips and smashed peas

Kate with her stuffed bacon wrapped chicken

No English meal is complete without sticky toffee pudding!

Dave fell in love with the leather chair and wants one

Too lazy to figure out how to turn this but this was this is where we had dinner: The Bull Inn

On the way home, Kate took the scenic route since I hadn't seen much of England that day.  This sheep looked right at me.  So cute!





Before we knew it, we were back home after a wonderful day with family who I love dearly!

Stay tuned for blogs on my two other days in England!

No comments:

Post a Comment