Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tour of Carthage

Yesterday, I went on tour of Carthage.  There was an EAL (English as an Additional Language) consultant working with our staff the past couple of days.  On Saturday, they scheduled a tour for Bethand wanted someone to go with her.  Joni (who teaches EAL) volunteered to go and invited me along.  It was neat to see some sites I hadn't seen before and to go back to some sites I went with Aunt Jeanne to.  But I must admit, I remembered 10 minutes (ok, not even that long) into the tour that I hate history and therefore I hate tours but it was such a beautiful day and it was nice to spend time with Beth outside of school.

We started at the cisterns

and aqueduct 

Then we headed to the same Roman Ruins I went to visit with Aunt Jeanne







Then we went to the Antonnine Baths



Then off to the Punic Ports (the water was beautiful)


The wildflowers are beginning to bloom!

Paul, does this look familiar (the goodness of fertility)

The tombs of children who were murdered (didn't quite understand why)

This post is more for the pictures than anything else because I am not really sure what any of it is!  Sorry!!

1 comment: