Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Day in Dougga

Today I went to Dougga with some friends from ACST!  I love these people so much so it is always so much fun to spend time outside of work (where we are stress free and a bit more relaxed)!  Dougga is Roman ruins located about 2 hours from Tunis.  It was an easy drive up there and I look forward to going again in the Spring time when the wildflowers are in bloom even more!  The ruins were just breathtaking as were the fields around them!  It reminded me a lot of Ireland!  Oh and I brought Zoe too and she did GREAT!  She loved climbing on everything (the stairs did not scare her one bit) and was great with my babysitting boys!  I was very impressed and very proud of her!  Great views with great friends made this a great Sunday! 





Me and my babysitting boys 
(I was blessed to spend most of my time with them and loved every minute of climbing around with them!)



Romen so tall!

Tito (the dad of the boys I babysit for), Joni (my weekend buddy who lives in the Lac with me), and Susan (from NC and the director of learning)


Roshan climbing on fallen pillars

Our ACST crew on the steps of one of the ruins

Joni and the pillars

The hole down into the aqueducts 
 
What remains of the aquaducts

See where the carts rolled down (you can even see their tracks)

Joni and Zoe (they are becoming buds)

Joni, Cheryl and Zelda, Me and Zoe

Katie, Lauren (Katie's mom who is in town visiting... and she reads my blog), and David

Lauren made it to the top of the amphitheater!

A window up in the amphitheater 

Laura and Jeff in their picnic hiding spot

Sheep and their shepherd 

Romen and Roshan with the ruins

Roshan in an arch


Sweet lambs


Katie at the bottom of the amphitheater


A mosque we stopped to see on our way out of town

1 comment:

  1. Wow, and all I did this weekend was the laundry and I got to see UCONN beat Louisville!! Go Huskies, still undefeated.

    ReplyDelete