Sunday, February 2, 2014

Relaxing and Rejuvenating Weekend

This weekend was just what I needed after a very rough work week!  There were no huge adventures or out of town trips but I got to spend time with friends and feel productive!  I was able to get things done that I have been wanting to do for quite some time!  I feel well rested and ready (prayerfully) for a week ahead! Here are some random pictures of the weekend!

This view of the Mediterranean Sea in La Marsa never gets old


Laura and I ate at a restaurant in La Marsa for lunch on Saturday.  We explored the other levels and found they had a whole floor where no smoking was allowed!  That is unheard of in Tunisia!

So I have a new obsession... blood oranges!  They are in full bloom this season and cost about a dinar (60 cents) per kilo.  So I stock up!  While I bake with them some or make smoothies, my current favorite thing is fresh orange juice!  I got an electric juicer and use it at least once a day!  There is nothing like fresh squeezed orange juice!

The inside of a blood orange (some are redder than others)

View of my school from the US Embassy

Today I swam laps (my new favorite exercise) at the US Embassy pool

No comments:

Post a Comment