Friday, July 5, 2013

I love my Grandpa!

***Update on Grandpa on July 19: Grandpa is making amazing progress!  Less than a month ago, Hospice was a huge possibility and now they have a possible coming home date for Grandpa!  He is now eating much more (still pureed because he has a hard time swallowing larger items), talking in two word segments that can be understood, and he is even walking a couple of steps with help!  Grandpa is a fighter and I am so encouraged with his process!  As I told him on Father's Day: "I will see you at Christmas and you will be there!".  (Yes, I am even bossy to my grandpa but it is always out of pure love!)***


My grandparents hold a very special place in my heart and I love them dearly!  My grandpa is 92 years old but he continues to remain strong!  He is one tough cookie.  But on June 21, he had a stroke which really affected his speech and swallowing abilities.  Please pray for him as he is struggling to eat and speak.  Pray for him to be at peace and pray for my grandma as she tries to help him and make decisions that are best for him.  Please also pray for his 5 children (my dad is in the middle) during this hard time.  
Grandpa, I love you oh so very much!

Grandpa at Father's Day Brunch (June 16)
 

 Grandpa at rehab after his stroke (June 28)

No comments:

Post a Comment