Wednesday, July 24, 2013

2 weeks

As time has gotten closer for me to move, I have not been counting down how many days I have left.  I love happy countdowns (birthdays, babies, weddings, last day of school, etc) but when stressful things are going on, I hate countdowns and will stop anyone who is doing one around me!  So I have decided to enjoy the time I have left instead of stressing over the little time left.  But today as I was getting fro yo with Brooke, it hit me that I move to Tunisia two weeks from today and I thought this called for a blog post!  These past two months have been so much fun and so much stress at the same time!  Trying to pack, get things I need, finialize everything, etc has taken its toll.  But I am so grateful for the many lunch and dinner dates I have had with friends, the countless hours I have spent babysitting for my sweets, and laughs with my family.  I will take these memories I have made this summer with me to Tunisia and will always remember them!

Today I took the Smith children to the North Wake Landfill park (love it there!) and I loved that we got to do it together!  It was 94 degrees and you could feel it!  We were so hot but had such a great time together!

 I thought I would share more information about my move and me living in Tunisia.  I fly out on Wednesday, August 7 and arrive in Tunisia on Thursday, August 8.  When I land, I will be taken to my apartment which the school provides and furnishes for me.  I will be living in Les Berges du Lac 2 which is an area less than 1 km from ACST (American Cooperative School of Tunis).  From what I can tell and from what I have been told, it is a new area that has apartments and shopping.  I will also be living near the water (not sure which body of water but I think it is somehow connected to the Mediterranean Sea) so I am excited about the views. 

Here is a sketch of what the apartments in the area I am living in look like.  I am not sure if these are what my apartment will look like but it gives you some idea. 

Here is what my view may possibly look like (the site I found it on is in French so I am not positive).

The other question I get a lot is how I am getting all of my things over to Tunisia.  I am able to take some of my things with me on the plane (about 4 suitcases).  The rest of my belongings will be shipped to me.  BUT... items are not shipped until I get my work visa which doesn't happen until September.  My items will more than likely by shipped by boat so they will not get there until November/December.  So my things will be my Christmas present!
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my dearest, sweetest daughter, As I read all your posts I am reminded how deeply you feel, yet not always able to share, for fear of being too vulnerable. You are one of my best friends and I know as your journey thru life leads you to become an even more amazing teacher in Tunis, you and I will become closer than ever. Our hearts will never be far from each other, for we carry each other's in our own. In so many ways, I envy this wonderful adventure you'll be on..I would have done this if I knew how to dream like you do..your heart is so big and God has blessed you with a gift that you continue to use, therefore it grows. Thank you for letting me watch you transform and push your way thru fears..and now blue doors. I am confident that God has gone ahead of you, for He loves you more than I do..and I love you very dearly, Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete