Tuesday, October 13, 2015

4 days in the states!

I had a whirlwind trip to the states to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday in Connecticut! It was a very fast trip but I am so grateful to spend that time with my grandma and family!

Ellen and mom picked me up at the airport


 Then we HAD to go to Target to pick up a phone card for my cell phone (and of course, that is all we got while we were there.... ;)

Next stop was to Grandma's house to see my favorite almost 90 year old! She looked soooo good!

The next morning, dad I tried out my new selfie stick he got me! Looks like someone else took it... too cool!

Then we had to try it out with mom! So cool!

The view as we were leaving the hotel that morning! Love seeing the fall leaves change! 

After a morning devotional at Grandma's house for church, we headed to Nucci's to help decorate for Grandma's party.

We decorated with fall flowers and milk bottles from my great-grandmother's dairy and old-fashion milk bottle caps.

The dessert table- I brought back Tunisian treats that were a hit! That was neat.

The table displays- loved all the pictures of Grandma from long ago

Oatmeal cookies for our guests

My grandma is beautiful!

Grandma walked into her party! That was so cool to watch!

Mom and Dad with Jean and Gene (they met my grandparents at square dancing)

Grandma with her two daughters and granddaughter 

The cupcake table

Tram and Paul lifting grandma- strong muscles!

Chloe and me- love that sweet girl!

 Chloe and her Daddy

Grandma with her two dear friends

 My dear cousin and one of my best friends- we are friousins (friends+cousins=friousins)!

Dollie (Grandma's college roommate and maid of honor) with mom

90 years loved

Grandma and me

The Jim Radcliff family with Grandma

Grandma and her five children: Alice, Jim, Charlie, Frank, Jeanne

What a 90 year old beauty!

Now this is cool: My grandma's cousin Ruthie was an international teacher (who passed away this summer) and her niece found her pictures from one of her trip to Tunisia as well as her Libyian work permit when she was teaching in Tripoli! She was kind enough to bring them to share with me!


Early Monday morning my family flew out to head back to NC! It was so hard to let them go (the living abroad lifestyle has its cons) but I am grateful to see them in a little over 2 months. One of my stops that morning was to Target to pick up some things that my friends needed and I wanted from the states! My love and appreciation for Target has only grown since living abroad! I loved spending the morning walking around and ended it with my favorite drink from Starbucks!

I went back to Grandma's to say goodbye! I loved spending time sitting at her feet with Kate and listening to her stories! This is a time I will always treasure!

Afterwards, I headed to lunch with the Boyers and Aunt Jeanne. It was nice to spend time with them!
Love these sweet boys! 
Josh

Caleb

Our infamous selfie that we always take together right before we part ways! 

After lunch, Jeanne and I stopped by Radcliff Wire! The fall foliage was beautiful!

My grandpa started this company long ago and I love going back to visit!

When we got back to her house, I prepared to make the scrapbook for grandma. I loved looking at all of the sweet things her friends said about her! She is one loved and blessed woman!

It was a wonderful trip no matter how short it was! I love you, Grandma!

In a couple of hours, Jeanne, Patti and I fly to Denmark- cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment