Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Raspberries and Lobsters

This afternoon Dad and I went raspberry picking! It is one of my favorite things we have done in Maine!  I had a blast... it was a challenge to find ripe raspberries and then once you found them you had to deal with bees, beetles, and thorns to pick them.  Believe it or not, it was a lot of fun!

The red raspberry is ready to be picked!

Here is what a raspberry looks like after it is picked!  I found that very interesting!

All the bushes lined up (storms brewing!)

Dad and I with our loot before the storm came through

After dinner I made raspberry pie! Yes, this is my third pie I have made here in Maine and am loving it!  My dad taught me how to do lattice... it was fun and easier than I thought!

For dinner, we ate our favorite Maine food... lobster!


Dad showing us the proper way to eat a lobster! Hehe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment