Monday, June 13, 2016

Tidbits of life in Tunis


As I drive into the countryside in Turkey on a bus that has wifi, I thought this is a wonderful time to try and get caught up on this sweet blog of mine. These pictures are random but ones I have not shared over the past 2 months so thought I would now. :)

On my way to work one morning was this gorgeous rainbow. It was so bright and followed me all the way to work. So of course I "carefully" took pictures as I drove.



f


Every Monday I go to Carrefour with Karen and lately Liam has been coming along with us which has been so much fun! One day, Karen let the two of us get ice cream while she checked out.

These two love my dog as much as I do and they LOVE having Zoe sit on their laps. Mila especially.

Just driving home from work... the livestock always makes me smile and giggle a bit!

Zoe got bit on the ear and it would NOT stop bleeding. Each time she shook her head, blood went EVERYWHERE! (Turns out she was bit on a vein which is why it took 24 hours to stop bleeding.) So I got creative (well, desperate) and found tulle to keep the bandage on her ear. Doesn't she look thrilled?

Phew! Thanks to her amazing vet... all better!

Oh how I love my Saturday snuggles with these adorable babies! This sweet girl was just gorgeous with the best head of hair. 

Busy day with fussy babies so I was double fisting these sweet things!

One Sunday afternoon it was gorgeous so Zoe and I headed out to the lawn and spent the afternoon outside.

Another Carrefour Monday and this sweet boy got his first cologne. Many of our students from our school (mostly arabs) wear cologne and he wanted his own too. We found a kid's brand and he loved putting it on himself. 

Another Carrefour Monday... pre-dinner snack after we checked out- flat bread for the win!

And we had to pick up Zoe on the way. He loves her, she loves him and looking out the car window.

For dinner one night, I met some friends for dinner and it was so much fun! It was Karen (good friend of mine who is the school nurse) and me along with Rym (my PreK teammate), Malek (arabic teacher) and Saana (French teacher).We went to Rym's neighborhood of La Goulette where they are known for their fresh fish. This dinner was so much fun! We got to know each more, laugh harder than we have laughed in a while and just spend time with each other. It was just what the 5 of us needed.

So fun watching my Tunisian friends picking out food!

Fresh shrimp, squid and fish

Group shot at the restaurant

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment