Tuesday, January 19, 2016

"Ch-ch-changes"


As many of you know, I HATE change! Like seriously hate it! It is the unknown, it is scary, it is new and when things change, I am not in control. And we all know that is a VERY hard thing for me. I am a first born and teach for a reason... ha! (Like I had ANY control of being a firstborn!) 

But with that being said, changes are definitely happening in my school next year whether I like it or not. And since I have signed my contract for another year, I am along for the ride! So I am doing my best to embrace the new changes. We will be a small school. Like less than 350 PreK through grade 12 students. Yep, that small. But I think it will be a great year for me to embrace things around me, step out of my comfort zone and grow. I am ready for take on what comes!

I also found out officially today that I get to change grades. Yes, this time I asked for a change! Asked! Can you believe that?! I am going back to the grade where I left my heart. I am going home (grade-wise not back to NC). I am going back to first grade! I was over the moon when my principal said that is the grade that was open! I was blessed to teach first grade for seven years and loved it! It such a special grade where you to get watch so much change happen- students learn to read (amazing to be a part of), students become writers and students learn to solve math problems. It is a life-changing year and I am so grateful to be a part of it! It will definitely have its challenges but I am so happy to go home!


No comments:

Post a Comment