Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Labor of Love

I am so sorry I have been the worse blogger ever! There really is no excuse but I am hoping to get caught up. I back post things (I can change the dates on my post to make the date the time the event actually happened and not when I posted it) so please scroll down to see the most recent posts. I won't do it all at once so when you check back, just scroll down. ;)

I went to Meredith College and loved my 4 years spent there! Meredith is a small all girls school and is at times seen as a large sorority! I always fight against and say it isn't true but we MAY have some similarities. Meredith is known for their traditions- there were many but that is what I love about Meredith! Anyway, with each tradition (and maybe even small events) we had a t-shirt. So I left Meredith with many, many t-shirts and I loved them all! I wore them throughout my 4 years and even afterwards. But soon, mom had a great idea to turn them into a quilt that I could cherish forever! So the shirts were set aside and nothing more was done with them. 

But this past Labor Day without my knowledge, mom starting figuring it all out by figuring out measurements and placement. She cut the shirts down to the right size, backed them with mesh, and did a whole lot of math. She sewed the rows together and the t-shirt part was done! But that was the easy part! Then she had to find the back fabric, measure it out, glue down the filling to both sides, and then begin the long part of hand sewing the trim. She started it while I was in surgery and she worked on it throughout the 10 hours I was in surgery. She continued to sew while I was in the hospital and after I come home. The night finally came that she finished it and I got to sleep with it that night and have every night since. Mom put so much love into this quilt and I cherish it dearly! I love you mom!






No comments:

Post a Comment