Friday, January 18, 2013

Telling people... or not

I cannot truly explain it or even understand it for that matter but I did not tell people right away or even want others to tell people.  I did call Brooke (my best friend) the night I got the job but after that I told very few people.  Then my goal became to tell one person a day and easing myself into it helped.  But once I told my principal, I had a weird feeling that the cat was out of the bag so I told others quite quickly after that.  The reactions were different... they were ones of sadness, worrying for safety, pure excitement, encouragement, and well, just shock.  But they all made me feel loved and encouraged. 

I am one who wants to hear big news of people (pregnancy, moving, etc) from the source and not from others (mom, dad, brother, cousin, friend) who know the source.  I am actually quite adament about that!  So I wanted to treat others with the same respect!  Which is why when I started telling people, I had to do it quickly so others would know from me.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I am relieved that is done but now I am more anxious than ever!  While moving is still over 7 months away, it feels more real... and scary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment