Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dream Job

Today was a world-wind day!  It started by waking up at 4:30am for an interview at 5:30am!  Let me back up some.  On Sunday morning, I got an email from a school in Tunis, Tunisia that wanted to interview me on Skype!  I was floored, shocked, excited, and super nervous all at once!  This was also a school I was unsure of because of safety but I took a leap of faith and applied.  But something in their website made me feel like they would take care of their new teachers.  So here I was getting ready to interview for the first time and I was oh so very nervous!  But as Aunt Beth put it "If it's God's plan, you already have the job" .  During the interview, I felt very welcomed and comforted by the three people who interviewed me. I hung up thinking I could not have asked for better people to interview me for my first time.  But I also felt I did not sell myself well at all and as I put it... I tanked!  But I packed up and headed to school to see my sweeties!

While my kids were at lunch, I checked my email on my phone and saw an email from the school's director at 10:10am.  My first thought was... Whelp, it didn't take him long to know I wasn't the one for the job.  But it was actually an email congratulating me for earning top choice and he offered me the job as a 2nd grade teacher!  I was floored and shaking!  I called mom but she didn't pick up.  So I ran next door to the one and only teacher I told at school and showed her the email.  We hugged and then I went back to my classroom and called Dad.  Then I was able to get a hold of Mom and Aunt Beth then later that day I was able to tell Paul!  I was on Cloud 9 that day and over the moon that my dream was finally coming true!  But I had this weird feeling that I didn't want others to know just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment